Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Oh My God We're Back Again!

Here's the latest adventure that I've had in ole England:

I was watching "Top of the Pops" on the BBC where they feature each weeks biggest number one in the UK. The Backstreet Boys were performing their new single which requires them to get down on their knees and act really heartbroken (the video even includes thrown sand). It was gripping. Knowing that the show is filmed in London, this meant that the Backstreet Boys were in town, and I bet they were ready to party (especially the one fresh from rehab).

So I'm walking through Regents park the next morning with my high school cronie Amber and flatmate Kerstie to go to the tube. Its a beautiful day in London...almost 75 degrees. This man is running towards us. First thought: He's good looking. Second Thought: He could pass for one of the Backstreet Boys. Third thought: Holy Hell it is a Backstreet Boy - it was meant to be.

After telling random strangers of our brush with fame, we went on to Portobello Market. There I realized that I was shopping next to none other than Hermione of Harry Potter. This day was every pre-teen's fantasy...Harry Potter and a Backstreet Boy. How could I be so lucky?!

So there you have it. Hopefully this will make your day or at least make you envious of my glamorous lifestyle rubbing elbows with the sorta rich (more money than me) and the somewhat/used to be famous.

No comments: