So over here across the pond, they give us Good Friday and Easter Monday off for the blessed resurrection. And now that I'm back at work, I'm in a grumpy mood. Let me explain. Last Friday, we went to Pat & Pete's friends for a party. It was a big celebration and I mingled with what the English call Gypsies. There was lots of folk music, people brought their 8 (or more) children, and old people smoked hash. It was hilarious to say the least. The rest of the break we spent at Pat & Pete's in the serene country side. And then the big news came. We are going to have a new addition to the family. We were given a car! The Hannaford's friends gave us a 1985 (yes, the same year Brittany was born) VW Polo GL Hatchback! Boy is he a beauty! He's red, awkward, and has low mileage. Based on the first two criteria I've christened him Napolean (after the movie Napolean Dynamite, out on DVD/VHS now). Alex took him to get inspected today and he failed (bad windshield wipers, and something about oil), but it's all easily fixed supposedly with minimum cost to us. So we will be mobile baby! And not to fret, I'm taking lessons to learn driving over here. Here are some pics of the pride and joy...they're not actual ones but other models that look just like him.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9873&item=4538887224&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9873&item=4538402336&rd=1
Enjoy!
Love,
Court
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment