Monday, November 21, 2005

Food for Thought

I have just returned from Paris, yes riot free, and now I am forced to contemplate what I consider one of the world's greatest mysteries...how are the French not a bunch of fatties?

The food was absolutely amazing in Paris. Our first dinner was a five course meal of every kind of delectable delight. Each table was set with two huge baskets, one containing all sorts of vegetables and the other containing all sorts of sausages and meats, both with a knife and cutting board. This is your salad course as you proceed to stuff your face on the freshly cut ingredients. Next came the soup course and then the main of Beef Stew or Leg of Lamb. Following was the cheese course (the cheese defintiely does not stand alone in France) with cutting boards featuring several different cheeses ranging from goat cheese to Brie. Then last but not least a homemade, decadent chocolate pudding. It was by far one of the top ten meals that I've ever had.

The days were filled with rich hot chocolates and banana, Nutella crepes by the Eiffel Tower. These crepes melted in your mouth with yummy goodness.

The sights were fabulous, the food was better.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh...Yes that's the place!