Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Good morning/afternoon/evening The Paul Weiland Film Company...

...is the standard greeting that escapes my lips anywhere from 20 to 1000 times a day. It's a mundane line but hey I get paid the big bucks for uttering it (so I'm told). The job so far is fine. I'm not doing any hands on stuff which I pray to God I will be doing this time next year. This is mainly b/c I'm the receptionist but hey it's a start. The website should be up and running in two weeks so you guys can check it out soon. What else...

The weather here is very strange. Some days it's freezing and then others it's surprisingly mild for October...well England for that matter.

We are now in our 4TH week of living with Pat and Pete and have been told 'it's going to be another 2 weeks before you move into your apartment.' I suspect that this apartment no longer exists and these so called real estate agents are really experts in the line of torture and mental anguish (for which they are succeeding). What will it be like to only commute 30 minutes to work as opposed to the 90 minute one (EACH WAY!!!) I endure everyday? I envision sleeping in past 7am (Mom, I know you wake up at, like, 4am, but in the UK no one gets to work before 10am ok?!?!) perhaps hitting the snooze button more than once and even, if I'm lucky, be fortunate enough to enjoy a whole breakfast. Not just an apple or one of those tiny yogurts they pass off as a shot drink but a bowl of cereal or waffles even! The possibilities are endless, but for now, much like my apartment, they continue to elusively taunt me.

Nothing else to report. Until next time...
Court
x

No comments: