Wednesday, November 23, 2005

HOLY HELL WE'VE MOVED!


I can now say with exhausted enthusiasm that we have INDEED moved into our flat. The journey was arduous but we made it in the end. Here's why I LOVE living in Rotherhithe:
1. We live right next to the Thames. Ok I live next to one of the most famous bodies of water ever. And more specifically where we live is next to an old whaling dock. So back in the 1700s they used to bring whales from Greenland to the dock next to the flat and strip them of blubber and subject them to all kinds of cruelty. But hey that is so Dickinsian and we live in the 21st century so calm down all you bunny huggers! It's history dammit!
2. I can get to the boat to work. Yep that's right. The Thames Clipper takes me through half of my journey to get to work. Believe it or not I actually enjoy the commute. It's a pretty awesome sight to be able to see all of London's key landmarks on the way to work. Check out my route online. I go from Greenland Pier to Savoy Pier. http://www.thamesclippers.com/home/
3. We have an indoor heated pool. In all my days spent here I've hardly ever spent time in a pool. Now I can swim whenever I want!
4. It's quiet. You wouldn't believe this is a borough in London. Oh and it has trees! Vegetation...who would have thought?!?!
All we need is just to revamp the place and have a house warming party. See the pics below.
Lots of Rotherhithe Love,
Court
x

Our new address:
24 New Caledonian Wharf
6 Odessa Street
Rotherhithe
London
SE16 7TN
England





No comments: