And I can get up, only to fall once again. I don't know what has happened in the last three days, but I have forgotten how to walk or developed two left feet. I'm referring to the fact that I've fallen flat on my face three times in the last three days.
Incident #1
Date: 7/15/05
Location: Westminster Tube Station
In an effort to try and tone my thighs (not working), I have taken to always climbing the escalator on the left rather than standing on the right. I reach the top of the escalator only to have my flip flop hit the top step and send my left ankle into the teeth of the next.
Injuries sustained: Mild abrasions to the left ankle.
Incident #2
Date: 7/16/05
Location: Oxford Circus Area (read very busy)
This fall occurred during our walk to the bus stop. Due to the frantic nature of Oxford Circus, I felt the need to run across the street to make sure that the traffic did not run me down (we did have a green man). Please note that during this fall I was dressed really cute and wearing shoes that I usually have great difficulty walking in let alone running in. I bit it so hard I'm surprised that I was able to get up again. This fall was during a sprint and it was sudden. Thankfully my trusted friend Carly saw it as her duty to stop traffic (please note that traffic was not moving as it was a red light). I really wish I could have been one of the drivers in the cars present to witness my massive fall and the girl stopping the already stopped cars.
Injuries sustained: Massive purple bruise on my right knee. Jeans helped ease the severity of injury.
Incident #3
Date: 7/18/05
Location: Westminster Tube Stop (again!)
Once again I'm on the exact same escalator. Funny thing was that I was thinking about last week's fall when I fell again. The first time was a mere trip in comparison to this. I fell and then got wedged in between the moving escalator and the person next to me. I had to be helped up, and my pale pink skirt was covered in black. Tried to act natural and boarded the train where no one else did.
Injuries sustained: abrasions to the right ankle and right hand and of course my wounded pride :)
So there you have it. Hopefully I won't add to this list, but I must mention that my friend Sean definitely got his head stuck in the tube doors today as well. So maybe there's something in the water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment