Thursday, July 28, 2005

Granmommy

I won't lie it's been tough since we all found out what's going on with the matriarch of the family. It's been unexpected and hard on everyone to say the least. I've found comfort in the words of Becky and my dad though. Becky told me yesterday prior to GM's surgery that we were all in battle mode. I know she meant mentally but I know everyone has been fiercly praying for her safety and recovery. Dad also mentioned that things like this seem hopeless without the full of armor of God. Well I know we're all 'fully loaded' at the moment. So Granmommy, if you ever get around to reading this, know that we're all behind you, we're all praying for you, and know we all love you.

Now to lighten the mood...favorite Granmommy stories...
1.) Brooke has a Nazi boyfriend? Just the other day GM and I were discussing Brooke's potentially Swedish boyfriend (let me clarify, he has all the potential in the world to be Swedish because he is, the potential left to be fulfilled is in the boyfriend status). I told her his name was Karl to which she responded 'that sounds like a Nazi name.'

2.) 'I'm on fire.'
No 3 words have created such comedy in our family than these. It was a summer day a few years ago. Farmers Branch was quiet as it is, until the phone rang. GM had called to let Brooke she wasn't on fire. Befuddled, Brooke responded with the only response you can have when faced with a potentially crazy grandmother...'I'm not on fire either,' she said hoping not to rock the boat. GM then went on to explain that there was a fire in Farmers Branch, she worried that we would look out the window in any general direction, see smoke and assume that her house was on fire. It indeed wasn't...so we're told.

3.) Al Queda has played a part in both of our countries fears at the moment but no one knew that better than Granmommy after 9/11. According to her inside government sources (aka Charlie Bird who's on the Farmers Branch city council) Al Queda was planning to poison the Farmers Branch water supply. And after said warning, she told me she was beginning to test the water for said poison. I replied with, "Granmommy, how can you tell if it's poisoned or not?" She responded with, "Oh I can tell." You don't mess with scientific facts like that folks.

I love you Granmommy!
Love,
Court

No comments: