Wednesday, May 18, 2005

If It's Not Scottish It's Crap

Welcome once again to Courtney's Euro adventures! This time we join our heroine in the idyllic setting of Ayr, Scotland...
Well the beginning of the trip was hellish. I had to be up by 5am to catch a cab to the airport. I was not a happy camper. I think I spoke about 2 words to my production team the whole day. My hotel room situation was problematic in that I kept finding spiders in my bed. I don't know about you but I'm not a big fan of sharing my bed with them, the hotel however, wasn't too bothered. I kicked up a fuss and moved rooms only to find more spiders. I started trapping them under glasses as evidence for the hotel staff. But they viewed this as odd (this coming from people who eat haggis, a pig's stomach deep fried and stuffed with unmentionable meat), but I digress. I worked all day everyday and didn't get to see as much of Scotland as I would have liked to. For the times I actually spoke to a Scot it never amounted to much because most everything they said was lost in translation. For the majority of the trip I merely nodded and smiled alot. But now I'm back in sunny (not) England counting down the days until I'm back in Texas. I keep making mental lists of things I want to do/eat. I'm praying I won't come back fat but I have a feeling that's inevitable. I can't wait to see y'all. 14 more days! Get excited!
Love y'all,
Court

No comments: