Friday, February 18, 2005

some notes on stockings

Hmm, yes, I can see that could be an issue. I think it could be something to do with the weather over here. It's pretty cold and therefore British people are pale blue (on holiday, it takes them a week to get white), and therefore stockings add a 'sheen' to the leg.
You might like to try http://www.mytights.com/

Anyway, hope everyone's well. It's very cold here, but I have a sneaky feeling we're not going to see any snow this year. While it's chilly, it's not been as cold as previous years and it's not long 'til Spring!

So this weekend we're off to see a British folk band Saturday night with Dan, Russell, mum, dad & Liz which should be fun. I'm a big fan of these guys, even though they're 'old fogeys' according to most of my friends. I guess you could say this is our equivalent of country music in that they sing about the land and stuff.... check em out http://www.showofhands.co.uk/ - Rusty, I think you'd like them - there's a good song online called Are We Alright you can download.

Then Sunday morning we're going to meet Miles at Tower Bridge to watch Ellen MacArthur sail up the Thames after completing her round-the-world race. Then we're off to Borough Market for lunch. OK, so you have some idea of what I'm going on about, see following links. Love Alex xxx

Pic of Tower Bridge:
http://www.waterways.org.uk/branch_new/herts/Photo/waverley/thro%20tower%20bridge.jpg

Ellen's trip
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4242279.stm
Ellen MacArthur home page
http://www.teamellen.com/
Borough Market
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/areas/boromkt.html

No comments: