I'm a walking accident. Seriously...a walking accident.
I'm in the Atlanta airport, and I'm traveling between the two terminals. I have just exited the little train and I'm deciding which direction to take. I'm just standing, and I do a very slow 180 with my bag in tow.
That's when the accident happened. This woman, who must have been in a dead sprint, hits my bag and goes flying. Fall down, go boom does not do it justice. She hit the marble floor so hard, and I felt horrible.
I know that I wasn't responsible. It was an accident, but she wasn't even crying, and I felt like I should. She got up, and her elbow had a dent in it...not even kidding. It was bleeding and had a dent. I dented a woman...not a car...a woman.
Two men and an airline employee stopped to help her. I had bandaids handy so we were able to patch her up, but one was an ex-medic who thought she had a compound fracture. How the hell does this type of stuff happen to me? Yes you might think, after reading some of my other entries, that I would usually be the person on the falling end, but my new rolling briefcase, that was supposed to make my life easier while on the road, broke a woman's elbow.
Damn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment