So it is rare that I would have two postings back to back. Although I am trying to keep the blog more up to date than previously, two days in a row is even crazy for my new found blogmaster ways. The sight that I saw this morning, however, was something that I think merits a blog.
I'm going to work this morning, a tad on the late side due to delayed trains, and I'm listening to my i-pod, minding my business when I arrive at my stop, Blackfriars. I embark down the long hallway with all of the other city drones marching to our respective offices. It is common practice for charities to ask for money from arriving passengers as they make their way to their exits. This is the time with the most traffic and hopefully some people are morning people, as most of you are aware, I am not.
This day was different. Yes there was someone asking for donations. Typical signage, typical bucket, typical testicle costume......wait hold that train! That person is dressed up as a large, hairy ball. Yeah that's right...I had to do a double take. This man/woman was raising money for "Male Cancer" (I guess it would be impolite to call it by its name in the UK - we know how the women folk blush). After a good once over, I proceeded to toss him/her a coin, partially for the cause, partially for the "ballsy" costume.
Initially I was unable to find a picture of Mr. Hairy Ball, so I drew from memory what he looked like for those of you who are visual, but a big thank you goes out to Carly who's lover boy also came in contact with the ball man and had the sense to take a picture. Both are included below for your enjoyment. Please note the accuracy of my paintbrush skills.

1 comment:
I'm so happy you're keeping up your amazing paint skills! I'm still waiting for my own signed Getter original to make me some cash... Miss you!
Post a Comment