So I thought I would share my latest Savannah bum story with you all, my adoring readers. Thankfully, Lindsay happened to be on the phone with me when this happened, and she can therefore verify the truth of this conversation.
I was walking to the local grocery story one Sunday while catching up with Lins, and I definitely was not in my finest nor had I showered. There was a man carrying on in front of me, but after you've lived in this town for awhile, these types have a tendency to become part of the everyday scenery. He slowed, and I began to gain on him. As I approached he slowly turned around and spotted me. At first I thought he was going to ask for money, but no that wasn't what he wanted. He asked for my number.
"I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend," I fibbed.
"That's ok. I have a girlfriend," he replied.
"I'm not sure if she'd like you asking me for my number then," I said in a joking, ok now don't get fresh with me manner.
"Well you tell your boyfriend something for me," he started. Then he paused to collect his obviously profound thoughts. As he began again, I had a feeling this was going to be good. "You tell your boyfriend, if beauty were a minute, you'd be an entire year."
Yes, I would be an entire year folks. You heard it here first, or actually Lindsay heard it first and then burst into much deserved laughter as my homeless suitor proceeded to cross the street in search of either his next conquest or his girlfriend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your homeless folks are so nice! The homeless people in D.C. just ask for money or mumble to themselves. Maybe I'll contemplate a move down south. --Catherine
shame it wasn't a shirtless athlete who said it..... http://lauraswisher.blogspot.com/2005/06/if-beauty-were-minute.html
haha.
you are my hero
Post a Comment