Hello all, this again will not be a typical post as I'm asking for your participation (gasp! - yes it is scary, but you too can participate in a blog).
I'm in the market for a new digital camera as mine is a piece. I'm wanting to spend about $200.00, and it has to have a rechargeable battery. This does not mean that I want to buy rechargeable AA batteries. Compact and sturdy are a must as I'm going to be traveling with it quite a bit.
I was hoping all of your photo lovers out there could give me your input. Do you have a digital camera that you love? Do you have one that you loathe? It is time to dish about the digital. Tell me the good, the bad and the downright pixelated ugly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I've got the Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Elph, which I love because it's small enough that I ALWAYS have it on me. It's got 6 megapixels and a 3x zoom, plus it's not too expensive. But the flash on it drives me crazy -- it seems like oftentimes the flash is way too bright, but then when I turn the flash off I'm sometimes left with too dark a shot. But maybe I'm nuts. Overall, it's a pretty solid camera for the money. But I've had it for almost a year so I'm sure there are better options for the money now.
I have a Fuji camera with I think 6.2 Megapixels that I rate a 5 or 6 out of 10. It's not that great, but it was cheap and I don't really care what happens to it. It is fine for my purposes; I don't hate it or love it. After shooting with the Cannon S2 last year (my dream everyday camera) any camera that's not 1000 sucks. I have no real advice for you; I'm just posting to your blog to make sure you take pictures of me! Adios!!
Andrea has reminded me of the last time I tried to buy a digital camera, and I called a camera store in Brooklyn. For some odd reason, the store owner did not take to my genteel Southern ways. He proceeded to yell at me in a very heavy New Yorker accent, "I'm gonna hang up on yo' face!"
I, too, have a CanonPowerShot... mine's the SD800. (I splurged) I highly recommend Canon. They are superior quality... it's what the wedding photographers I know use, exclusively. Plus they are idiot-friendly, for those of us that are technologically challenged. Not that you are included in that category, but if so, you can't go wrong. I'd go to BestBuy and just try a couple out. Pick 'em up. Take pictures, play with the settings, see what you think. I did this 3 or 4 times before finally going in to make a purchase. Also, comparison price shop online. BB sometimes has deals, so make sure you press the salesperson about options.
I, too, am in the market for a camera. I had a Sony, but it broke. Don't know why. I can still view pics, but I can't take them. At $150 to fix it, I might as well buy a new one. If you make a great purchase, brooke, let me know. -EW
Brooke, I know that I should just swoop in here and dispense some incredibly unique, insider knowledge on cameras, but I can't. I'm not up to snuff at all. I had saved up and bought a Really Nice Digital Canon Rebel; but after inadvertently leaving it on a train in Switzerland, I have banished myself to a five year plan of "no more nice things."
So I bought a mid-range Fuji Finepix, which is great, but too big to just "carry around," so, honestly, not really great. I'd go with Trisha on this one though and get a Canon.
I heart Canon, but it will take a while until I am back in their good graces.
Or Sony, they are my second choice
You guys are awesome. I think I'm going to be looking at the Canons (voted most popular), and taking a look at the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W55. I'll let you know the outcome.
I see that my camera advice went for not. Well now that I see that you are going to be taking a look at Cannons, here are some reviews for you: CANNON REVIEWS
I like Olympus -- it's the skinny pants of camera companies.
ps: does it really matter what camera you use as long as you have signature headgear?
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment