Thursday, January 05, 2006

Every Rose Has Its Horns!!


Texas Wins 41-38!



Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com


Living in London during College football season has been a difficult time. First no one really understands the game, then they gripe about how American football players wear pads and stop the game all the time, and of course there are the awful start times because of the time difference. This has kept me from venturing to see any of the big games, but that does not include the Grandaddy of the All, The Rose Bowl. Our beloved Horns faced the USC Trojans in a highly anticipated match up.


I must say that I showed nothing but pure dedication as the game started here at 1am, and I did not get home until 6:30am. To make matters worse, yes I am at work! It was all worth it however, because of the awe inspiring last 19 second game winning touchdown. Never in my life have I seen a more exciting game (I think I pee'd my pants a bit :) ). The Texas Exes London chapter and the USC alumni association rented out the local sports bar, and the place was packed with about 150 people who stayed until the end. There was a sea of burnt orange that was a fabulous site to see for this transplanted Texan.

That first fumble on Texas' first possession really made me nervous (hell the whole game made me nervous), and I thought it was going to be like bowl games in the past, where the team just could not deliver or live up to the hype, I should have known that Vince was better than that. With a Heisman trophy defeat staring in his face, he delivered the National Championship to the Longhorns with true leadership and style. I'm still so elated by the outcome that it has cancelled out the exhaustion I should be feeling from pulling an all nighter. I have yet to hear from my father, who I'm hoping survived the extreme excitement and celebrations that I'm sure followed. I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been there, but since I wasn't, London turned out to be a pretty cool place to watch the Horns put the hurt on the Trojans.

Hook 'Em Horns!

Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As difficult as it is for this Okie to say it, congrats to the Longhorns. --Woody

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit yet again
since i have bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change,
may you be rich and continue to guide others.

My web page ... Cardsharing Gbox Faq